Walyalup Aboriginal Cultural Centre is an important place for the Aboriginal community in Fremantle. It is a place where Aboriginal people can come together to share their culture and heritage. The Centre also provides services and programs that support the well-being of Aboriginal people.
The Walyalup Aboriginal Cultural Centre is a vibrant and welcoming place for everyone. They offer a range of programs and activities that are designed to connect people with our culture and heritage. The centre also provides services that support the well-being of our community.
The Walyalup Aboriginal Cultural Centre was established in 1993 and is located on the traditional lands of the Whadjuk Noongar people, situated near Perth, WA. The Centre is a not-for-profit organisation and is governed by a Board of Directors, which is made up of Aboriginal community members.
The Walyalup Aboriginal Cultural Centre offers a range of activities and programs that are designed to connect people with our culture and heritage. These include:
- Aboriginal cultural workshops and demonstrations
- Aboriginal art exhibitions
- Aboriginal language classes
- Aboriginal dance performances
- Aboriginal music concerts
In addition to the abovementioned activities and programs, The Walyalup Aboriginal Cultural Centre also provides services that support the well-being of the community. These include:
- Aboriginal health services
- Aboriginal legal services
- Aboriginal family support services
The centre also has a range of interactive exhibits that teach about traditional hunting and gathering methods, art and weaving, and Dreamtime stories.
The Walyalup Aboriginal Cultural Centre is a happening place, and there is always something going on that will interest you. When visiting, you can:
- Get to know about Aboriginal culture and heritage.
- Learn about the Aboriginal Dreamtime (the Dreamtime are Aboriginal stories and legends of how their land was created)
- Know more about the Noongar Six Seasons
- Attend a cultural or artistic workshop that focuses on Aboriginal culture (bushfoods, painting, basket weaving, Noongar language)
- Buy genuine Aboriginal art and memorabilia
Restaurants and Cafes
There is also a cafe on site that serves traditional Aboriginal food such as damper, bush tucker, and kangaroo meat. The cafe is open to the public and is a great place to enjoy a meal while learning about the culture.
The Walyalup Aboriginal Cultural Centre is located at 12 Captains Lane Fremantle. For more information about the Centre, or to make a booking, you can visit their website, social media or call the manager (+61894307906).
The Walyalup Aboriginal Cultural Centre opens during workshops and upon request. Contact them for more information.
Who Should Visit Walyalup Aboriginal Cultural Centre?
The Walyalup Aboriginal Cultural Centre is a place for everyone. Whether you are Aboriginal or non-Aboriginal, the staff at the Centre will warmly welcome you to come and share their knowledge about the Aboriginal culture and heritage.
Aviation Heritage Museum
The Master Plasterers